Sunday, June 6, 2010

1500pt Eldar List MKII

So today was my 8th grade graduation party. My dad surprised me by getting me some more Eldar stuff. Here is what I got Dire Avengers, Fire Dragons, 3 Wave Serpents, and the brand new Fire Prism. After I unwrapped them my dad hands me a 1500pt list. It was this:

Asurmen-230pts

6 Fire Dragons w/ Fusion Guns; Exarch,Firepike,Tank Hunters,Crack Shot, Melta Bombs-136pts

11 Dire Avengers w/  Avenger Shuriken Catapult; Exarch, Power Weapon and Shimmershield; Wave Serpent, Energy Field; Spirt Stones;  Shuriken Cannon; TL Shuriken Cannons-257pts

12 Guardians w/ Shuriken Catapult; Weapon Platform; Bright Lance; Wave Serpent; Energy Field; Spirt Stones; Shuriken Cannon; TL Shuriken Cannons-263pts

12 Guardians w/ Shuriken Catapult; Weapon Platform; Bright Lance; Wave Serpent; Energy Field; Spirt Stones; Shuriken Cannon; TL Shuriken Cannons-263pts

Falcon w/ Holo Field; Spirt Stones; Missile Launcher; TL Shuriken Cannons; Pulse Laser-180pts

Fire Prism w/ Holo Field; Spirt Stones; Shuriken Cannon; Prism Cannon-170pts

Total Points: 1499

I hope I can actually defeat my dad's IG with this army.

2 comments:

  1. Okay...blogger ate up my first comment, so I try it again.

    The list you've posted has a couple of errors, ranging from wrong wording up to false squad sizes and point costs. So I start listing those, before I suggest some subtle changes to the list, which should increase your chances against your dad's IG, without turning it into a cookie-cutter weblist full of models you probably don't even own anyway. ^^

    - Dark Avenger squads can range from 5-10 models incl. the exarch. The pointsize you listed is the one for a 10 guys squad including the exarch.

    - The point costs for the guardian squad looks twisted. I rebuild the squad with the army builder I run (sadly it is a german one) and it came up with 236 and not 263.

    - Falcons can't buy twinlinked Cannons. What your dad most likely meant is the tl. catapults sitting under the hull. Same error for the 3 serpents, they all run turret cannons and chin-catapults, according to the point costs.

    Now let me make some comments on the army:

    - You run a lot of S4 weapons and you don't run a seer. Not every eldar army needs one (mine for example), but yours would do well with a seer casting doom. That way you could also buy Runes of Warding, which helps alot against IG battle psykers and all other psykers in the game, who need a Ld test for casting their powers.

    - I think the pike-exarch from the dragons is overpriced. I like the duality which you can get from running a breath-armed exarch, so I would rather run that version.

    - Guardians don't do well with single-shot weapons, so I would rather buy them either cannons or scatter lasers. Normaly I would opt for the scatter laser, but since you run those guys like some cheaper Avengers the shuriken cannon should be enough.

    - Shuriken cannon serpents are cheap, but you really lack range with that payload. So unless you glued those guns on, I would swap them for either bright lances (helps you against any av13-14 tanks, like the Leman Russ IG players can buy) or scatter lasers, which work quit well thanks to being TL and offer you the range to combat targets up to a combined range of 12+36=48". That's the range of a IG Autocannon team or a SM tac-squad with a ML or Lcannons for example.

    Now, how would my 1500 point variant look like, using your model stock (or at least most of it):

    Asurmen 230
    Farseer with Doom and runes of warding 95

    6 Dragons incl. a Exarch with Dragon Breath & Crack Shot 113

    10 Avengers incl a Exarch with P-weapon and Shimmershield
    + Serpent with turret mounted TL Bright-Lance and Stones 292

    10 Guardians with a Shuriken Cannon Platform
    + Serpent with turret mounted Scatter Laser and Stones 210

    10 Guardians with a Shuriken Cannon Platform
    + Serpent with turret mounted Scatter Laser and Stones 210

    Falcon with Missile Launcher, Holofield and Stones 180

    Prism tank (or spinner) with Holo Field, Stones and chin-mounted shuriken cannon (instead of the TL catapults) 170

    Thats 1499 in total.

    Basicaly I dropped 4 Guardians and some upgrades, thus freeing up enough points for a farseer.

    I hope you like that variant and I wish you good luck against your dad's IG army.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck to you using all the cool new units, I hope your Eldar do well against those Guards. Also congratulations on completing the 8th grade!

    ReplyDelete